2017 Week 20
As Madrid wraps up, Rome kicks off this week on Tennis Watchers. Rome also marks the final major pre-Roland Garros clay court tournament. This week will also help solidify the favorites heading into Paris, and with so many names in contention this year, you'll want to see everything that happens at the Foro Italico this year.
Coverage for Rome is very similar to Madrid, with ATP on Tennis Channel/TennisTV and WTA on beIN. One difference is that there doesn't look to be a second streaming channel this week on beIN. As noted last week, Madrid and Rome are the first tournaments this year where programming for each tour is on two separate channels. There has been a lot of conversation around tennis coverage this year, which might be worth a dedicated post down the road, but I do think there have been some benefits from the setup as well. Rome will be another good case study, as the beIN programming blocks look to be all day, similar to what we saw in Madrid.
Enjoy the tennis this week!
**Update 5/15/17: Streaming updated for WTA and beIN for the week, and finals weekend. Of note, as of today, the WTA Final looks like it is slated to be streamed live on beIN Connect, and replayed on beIN mid morning.
**Update 5/19/17: WTA SF matches split between beIN and beIN Connect. First SF will be on both beIN and beIN Connect, while second SF looks to be streamed via beIN Connect only.
- Get channel and network information here.
- Anything missing or something you'd like to see more of? Let me know here.
- Subscribe to get a weekly email alert when programming schedules are posted.
- Check out the TW Fan HQ for a listing of results, podcasts, photos, blogs you need to stay up on all things tennis.
- Tennis Watchers also has a Facebook Page with a calendar of events!
- Head on over the TW Slam HQ for French Open Countdowns!
TIME AND WEATHER